Run Tests in ForceDecks Jump
This guide covers how to run tests in ForceDecks Jump, using one set of dual force plates.
If you are looking for a quick reference guide refer to the ForceDecks Jump - Quick Testing Guide.
If you have multiple sets of force plates and are looking to run simultaneous test in ForceDecks Jump, refer to the related article.
To run tests in ForceDecks Jump:
- Ensure your profiles have already been added in VALD Hub. These profiles will sync with ForceDecks and ForceDecks Jump.
- Confirm the following settings prior to testing:
- Layout > Operational Mode is set to "Shared"
- Layout > Show Profile Selection Pane is set to "Always"
- Platforms > Sequenced Platform Count is set to "1"
- Platforms > Platform Assignment is correct for your plate setup
- Platforms > Auto Test Export Folder is the same folder as ForceDecks
- Select the profiles to be added to the testing queue by double clicking their name
- If you wish to use a Test Sequence, apply it now (refer to Create and Apply a Test Sequence)
- Click the Play button to start testing
- Select Weigh Start or Start (refer to Weighing Profiles in ForceDecks Jump to confirm your preference)
- Ensure nothing is touching the force plates before allowing the plates to zero
- Instruct the first profile in the testing queue to step on to the plates
- Advise the individual being tested to be as still as possible for 2-3 seconds before the first rep (to collect body weight) and between each rep (to allow the software to properly detect the start of movement)
- Have the individual perform the required movement/jump (refer to ForceDecks Test Protocols)
- ForceDecks Jump will automatically detect and display the results. Once results display, have the individual perform the next test and/or rep
- When the individual has completed all the required movements/jumps:
- Select the next individual's profile by double clicking their name on their testing window OR from the profiles selection pane on the left, then repeat steps 8-11; or
- Click the Stop button to end testing and examine all results
- Review and edit results as required:
- Double click any rep to change the recorded test type, recorded side (unilateral tests), or delete
- If you require an export of raw data to Excel, this can be exported now
- Click Save
- Confirm the reps you want to save and apply any relevant notes and tags as required
- Click Save Tests to send the data to VALD Hub and ForceDecks.