SmartSpeed Drill - Interval Shuttle
Interval Shuttle drills are designed to test speed endurance and intermittent performance. With a minimum of 1 timing gate per lane, the athlete will move through the drill (in either direction) in a Fixed Recovery or Fixed Duration format for the set number of sub sessions or events indicated.
Minimum number of timing gates: 1
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro
- Multi Lane - minimum 1 timing gate per lane
- Fixed Duration - duration of intervals are fixed. Rest period is included in the interval
- Fixed Recovery - rest periods of intervals are fixed. It starts when athlete finishes one interval
- In Beam/Mat Start Type - begin with the beam directly on the athlete and timing begins when the athlete leaves the beam. If using a SmartPad, athlete begins with their weight on the SmartPad and timing begins when pressure is removed from the SmartPad.
- Standard Start Type - athlete begins ahead of the start beam and timing begins when the athlete breaks the beam.
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: Interval Shuttle
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time it takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required
- Name session as required for your reporting
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Select your Type
- Select your Duration. The amount of time the drill should last for each athlete
- Select your Repetitions. The number of repetitions of the drill each athlete will perform
- [Fixed Duration] Select your Events. The number of instances the athlete will break a beam for the drill
- [Fixed Duration] Select your Start Type
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time to tag a result valid or invalid.
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured