SmartSpeed Drill - Traffic Light Sprint
The Traffic Light Sprint is a protocol designed to test/train reactive starts/time, acceleration, speed or a combination of both. Typically used to give your athlete a 1-2 Go countdown, timing will begin as soon as the light turns green or the buzzer sounds. A minimum of 2 timing gates are required for a Traffic Light Sprint.
Minimum number of timing gates: 2
Suitable for SmartSpeed Pro
- Multi Lane - minimum 2 gates per lane
- Reactive Start - timing starts when the gate flashes green after a randomised period of time. Reaction time will be captured between the gate flash and when the first gate is broken.
- Traffic Light Start - athlete will be given a 1-2-Go countdown and timing begins when the light turns green or the buzzer sounds.
To setup in SmartSpeed app:
- Log in to SmartSpeed app
- Select Start Session
- Select Drill: Traffic Light Sprint
- Select My Drill: Standard (unless using a custom drill created in SmartSpeed Online)
- Select your Team
- Select Mode: Automatic (unless using SmartScan RFID reader)
- Confirm Re-arm: 500 ms. The time is takes for gates to reset for the next athlete - adjust as required.
- Name session as required for your reporting.
- Select Ready
- Set the timing gate order. Walk through the timing gates in the order the athlete will pass through.
- Confirm the order of the timing gates displayed on screen.
- Select Start
- Select ECP: On
- Select your Start Method
- Select your Start Type
- [Reactive Start] Select your Reactive Delay (s). The minimum and maximum amount of time delay for start cue to trigger.
- Select your Tag Result preference. If you select On, you then select the amount of time to tag a result valid or invalid.
- Select the Tick Icon
- Run through the drill as configured.