Confirm Optimal HumanTrak Performance
HumanTrak uses the Azure Kinect camera and dedicated software to track how people move.
This camera requires a powerful gaming computer with dedicated graphics and processing capability to operate correctly.
To ensure optimal use of your HumanTrak system, we recommend following the below checklist:
- At least 15 minutes prior to any testing, confirm your HumanTrak system is operating efficiently.
- Confirm your HumanTrak has sufficient charge, or ideally is plugged in to a power supply.
- If required, close applications running in the background that can slow down HumanTrak, including:
- Web browsers (e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox)
- Microsoft OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Note-taking applications, such as Evernote and OneNote
- VPN applications
- If HumanTrak is still operating slowly, please restart your computer.
To confirm what applications might be affecting your HumanTrak performance, go to the Task Manager:
- Press Windows key
- Input ‘Task Manager”
- Press Enter
- Click on the Memory column
- View applications using the most memory, and close if possible. For example, Google Chrome and Microsoft Word in the image below.