ForceDecks Test: Squat Jump Protocol
ForceDecks App Protocol
| Starting Position
- Partial squat position / quarter-squat position
- Hands on hips (if unweighted) or hands on barbell (if weighted)
- Zero plates – Ensure nothing is touching plates and click "Zero Platforms"
- Step on plates – Ask individual to step on the plates.
- Weigh individual – Click "Measure Weight". The individual must remain completely still, and the colour display must register green before accepting body weight.
- [OPTIONAL] Enter External load – If applicable, the weight of the external load can be manually added in the ForceDecks software
- Stabilise individual – Instruct the individual to remain completely still, for 2-3 seconds before, and between each rep.
- Start recording – Click "Start Recording"
- Assume starting position – Ask individual to assume starting position.
Important: ensure there is no downward movement from the starting position, or the jump may be automatically detected as a CMJ.
- Perform jump - Instruct the individual to:
- Keep chest up and looking forward;
- Jump up; then
- Land softly; then
- Assume the starting position again.
- Repeat jump – Repeat step 8 for desired number of reps.
- Stop recording – Click "Stop Recording"
- Review – Review that reps and test type have been detected correctly. You can manually correct the test type and/or manually mark trial ranges, if required.
- Analyse – Click "Analyse and Save" - to move directly to next individual; or "Click Analyse" – to review results
|| 1 - 100 reps
| Default Instant Results
- Concentric Mean Force [N]
- Takeoff Peak Force [N]
- Jump Height (Flight Time) [cm]
- Peak Power (W)
- Concentric Mean Force Asymmetry [%, L,R]
- Takeoff Peak Force Asymmetry [% L,R]
- Peak Landing Force Asymmetry
Related Article: ForceDecks Test: Squat Jump Overview